Join us on campus
Find out what you need to know before you travel to the UK, and what to expect when you join us on campus. We’re here to help you and you will be provided with all the information you need to make your preparation as easy as possible.
We're looking forward to welcoming you
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to the International Study Centre. When you join us on campus, you will benefit from a high-quality blended learning experience ensuring you get the best of both worlds: with some classes taking place face-to-face, and some activities taking place online.
It is important that you are able to regularly attend your face-to-face classes as this is a UK visa requirement. To help with this, we provide accommodation options and support with the booking process. Should you choose to book your own accommodation, we suggest you live close to the Centre so you can make the most of your student experience, but your accommodation should be no more than one hour travel time from the Centre.
Here to support you
From visa application through to booking accommodation, you’ll be fully supported by our dedicated team every step of the way. We’ll support you with:
- What to pack
- Planning for your arrival
- How to make the most of your time with us
When you confirm your place, you will be able to access our Welcome Hub, which will give you lots of useful information to help you prepare for joining us on campus.
- A small amount of British money in case you need cash
- travel adaptor
- laptop (if possible) or you could buy one in Cardiff when you arrive
- small personal items to remind you of home.
- Prescription medications, with prescriptions translated into English
- Essential toiletries – you can buy any other medicines and toiletries once you arrive in Cardiff
- Passport and visa
- UKVI Decision Letter
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Study letter (CAS)
- International Study Centre offer letter
- accommodation documents
- academic qualification certificates
- sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- four passport-sized photographs
- insurance documents (unless you are covered by StudyCare Insurance Plus)
- medical certificates and vaccination records
- copy of your arrivals/transfer confirmation letter
- guardianship letter (if you are under 18)
Once you arrive
What to expect on arrival
There’ll be plenty of induction activities for you to join once you arrive in Cardiff. You will immediately be a part of a welcoming and supportive community, both at the International Study Centre and the wider university. Making friends should be easy and our nurturing staff are here to ensure you find the support you need to succeed both academically and socially.
If you need help with anything when you arrive, you can call the International Study Centre’s Emergency Contact number for support: +44 (0) 7768 592 695